IngredientsFor the bread
1cup milk, room tempature/warm
1/4cup butter, softened
4 1/2 - 5cups all-purpose flour
For the filling
2cups whole walnuts
1/2cup brown sugar
1tsp ground cinnamon
1tsp vanilla extract
- In the bowl of a standing mixer, combine milk and yeast. Let sit and froth up for about 10 minutes. Add in sugar, eggs and softened butter.
- Add salt and flour and mix/beat with the dough hook for about 10 minutes. The dough should be soft and pull cleanly away from the sides of the bowl. It should not be sticky, nor dry.
- Let rise for 1.5 hours. Be sure to cover the dough, so it won't dry out.
- Meanwhile for the filling
- Add walnuts, brown sugar, butter, cinnamon, vanilla extract and milk to a food processor and pulse.
Back to the bread
- Once risen, divide the dough into 2 evenly sliced sections and roll them out.
- Spread the filling and if you'd like, sprinkle with raisins.
- Once tightly rolled, pinch the ends so no filling oozes out and place in an oiled loaf pan.
- Let rest another thirty minutes to an hour. Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 350F.
- Bake 35-40 minutes, or until golden brown. While still warm, spread with butter.
- Let cool at least 30 minutes before slicing or the filling will fall apart.