· 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
· 4 cloves garlic, minced
· 1/2 cup Sriracha, or more to taste
· 1 cup tomato sauce
· 1 tablespoon soy sauce
· 2 tablespoons brown sugar
· 2 pounds chicken wings, split
· Kosher or sea salt, to taste
· Fresh cracked black pepper, to taste
· 1 cup all-purpose flour, for dredging
· Vegetable oil (or other high flashpoint oil), for frying
· Chopped cilantro, for garnish
· Lime wedges, for garnish
HOW TO MAKE THIS RECIPE
1. Heat a saucepan over medium heat. Add the olive oil, and then stir in the garlic. Cook for 1 to 2 minutes, or until the garlic is lightly browned.
2. Stir in the Sriracha, tomato sauce, soy sauce and brown sugar. Reduce heat to low and simmer the sauce for about 3 to 5 minutes or until thickened. Set aside.
3. Rinse the chicken wings and pat them dry. Generously season the chicken with salt and black pepper. Dredge the wings in flour, shaking off any excess flour, and set aside.