· Six 1-inch-thick slices of brioche
· 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, plus softened butter, for brushing
· 6 ounces frisée, torn into bite-size pieces (3 cups)
· 1/4 cup lightly packed parsley leaves
· 2 scallions, thinly sliced
· 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
· 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
· Kosher salt
· Freshly ground pepper
· 6 large eggs
· 1/2 pound Gruyère cheese, thinly sliced
· 12 thin slices of prosciutto (6 ounces)
HOW TO MAKE THIS RECIPE
1. Preheat the broiler. Brush both sides of the brioche slices with softened butter and arrange in a single layer on a large rimmed baking sheet. Broil the brioche 8 inches from the heat, turning once, until lightly toasted, about 2 minutes total. Leave the broiler on.
2. In a medium bowl, toss the frisée with the parsley, scallions, lemon juice and olive oil. Season the salad with salt and pepper.
3. Melt 1 tablespoon of butter in each of 2 large nonstick skillets. Crack 3 eggs into each skillet and cook sunny side up over moderate heat, until the whites are firm and the yolks runny, about 5 minutes. Transfer to a plate and season with salt and pepper.
4. SUGGESTED PAIRING
Bright, berry-scented sparkling rosé.
Braised Chicken all'Arrabbiata
Spice-Braised Chicken Legs with Red Wine and Tomato
Filipino Grilled Chicken
Standing Rib Roast of Beef
Bacon-Wrapped Chicken Drumsticks
Sticky Chicken Drumsticks
BBQ Drumsticks with Slaw
Stickiest-Ever BBQ Ribs with Chive Dip
Grilled Filet Mignon with Gorgonzola Cream Sauce
Classic Standing Beef Rib Roast
Grilled Beef Tenderloin with Herb-Garlic-Pepper Coating