There is nothing better than gooey, melty, warm cheese. Grilled cheese sandwiches are very versatile. One of the most important components to getting perfect tasty grilled cheese sandwiches is to make them with the best quality ingredients.
YIELD: 4 SANDWICHES TOTAL TIME: 15 MINUTES
2 tomatoes, sliced about 1/2 inch thick
2-4 tbsp olive oil
4 tbsp pesto sauce
4 oz Arla® sliced Fontina cheese
4 oz Arla® sliced Havarti cheese
12-15 basil leaves
8 slices whole grain bread
- Heat a large griddle or skillet over medium heat.
- Brush the outsides of each slice of bread with olive oil, then brush the other side with pesto.
- Layer sandwich with one slide of Havarti and Fontina cheese, followed by tomatoes and basil.
- Finish with a slice of bread.
- Place sandwiches in the prepared griddle until cheese is melty and each side is golden, about 3-5 minutes per side.
- Serve immediately.